Learn how to forge your own unique path to success in the filmmaking industry.
If you’re like me, you chose to work in a creative field and create awesome work because the thought of punching a time card at a “9 to 5” corporate job is worse than a death sentence.
You arrived with stars in your eyes ready to take on the entertainment industry, but you quickly discovered that building a successful career in a place like Hollywood seems nearly impossible. It's like there is an invisible wall between where you are and where you want to be in the future.
Unlike doctors or lawyers, there is no set path to success in creative industries, especially in Hollywood!
There are simple fundamental steps that just about anyone can follow that will absolutely lead to success in Hollywood (or any other creative industry). But you have to be willing to accept there is a huge difference between the words simple and easy. And you need to know the right actions to take.
What's In This FREE Guide?
This 12,000+ word Ultimate Guide contains actionable and practical steps anyone can follow to strategically achieve success in any creative industry...if you're willing to follow the system and put in the work. You no longer need to guess about what your next step needs to be, I've laid everything out in a simple-to-follow 3 part framework.
- Learn the #1 mental mistake that most people make when trying to achieve success in a creative industry (and how one mindset tweak can change everything for you)
- Learn how to properly define your skill set and match it up with the kind of jobs you hope to get rather than saying "I'll do anything" and apply for the first job opening that comes along
- Learn how to balance your day job with career advancement so you can learn the skills necessary to eventually climb the ladder (and also ensure it's the right ladder to climb)
- Learn why so many people approach "experts" the wrong way and never make meaningful connections (and how you can quickly build your own network without sounding desperate)
- Learn the DO's and DONT's of networking so you never have to do a random job search ever again and your network will help you find the right job for you with minimal effort
- Learn how to develop a bulletproof "Elevator Pitch" to network like a pro, whether meeting in person or connecting via email or social media
- My Top 5 Resources for building an awesome portfolio website to exhibit your creative work
- BONUS FAQ: My answers to the top 5 questions about "Making It" In Hollywood
--- About the Author ---
My name is Zack Arnold. I’m an award-winning film & television editor (Burn Notice, Empire, Shooter, Glee), member of the American Cinema Editors, a documentary director (GO FAR: The Christopher Rush Story), father of two, and the creator of the Optimize Yourself program.
I’ve worked on projects for 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, NBC Universal, Fox Searchlight, Sony Pictures, ABC, USA Network, HBO, Focus Features, Newmarket Films, and more.
When I moved out to Los Angeles 15 years ago from a farming town in Wisconsin (population 291) I had ZERO contacts in Hollywood. I had no roadmap, no idea what to do next, and absolutely no idea what I needed to do if I wanted to have a successful career in Hollywood.
Rather than you suffering through making all the wrong choices like I did, I've broken down 15 years of experience into one guide so you get the head start I so desperately wish I had when I began my journey.